UNM-Gallup will align with the decisions of the Gallup McKinley County School District for Weather-related Delays and Closures. If a delay or closure is called, several methods of communication will be utilized to alert the campus and provide specific information. Announcements will be made via the following:
- Lobo Alert text and email
- Local affiliate television stations (KRQE, KOAT, KOB-TV)
- Local radio stations (KTNN, KGAK, Millennium Media, Clear Channel, KGLP, KTDB, KSHI)
- Social media channels (Facebook and Twitter)
- UNM-Gallup switchboard (505-863-7500)
The announcements will specify whether UNM-Gallup is delayed in opening or closed for the day.
To clarify, for purposes of this policy, a delay means that:
· Classes and labs normally scheduled to begin and end before the time specified in the delay announcement will not be held;
· Classes and labs normally scheduled to be in progress at the time specified in the delay announcement will begin at the delayed start time and end at their normally scheduled time; and
· Classes and labs normally scheduled to begin at or after the time specified in the delay announcement will meet as usual.
A closure means UNM-Gallup will not be opened for day.
In the instance of inclement weather during which no delay or closure has been called, employees and students should make decisions that are safe and reasonable in meeting their employment and class schedules.