The Johnson Scholarship Foundation Entrepreneurship Scholarship Program will be awarding $10,000 in funds for the spring, according to Al Henderson, entrepreneurship instructor at the University of New Mexico at Gallup. Deadline to apply is January 27, 2012.
The scholarship is awarded to students pursuing a certificate or degree as entrepreneurs or in business-related fields.
Additionally, students must meet the following criteria:
· Be a member of a federally-recognized Indian tribe (provide CIB)
· Demonstrate financial need
· Be selected in accordance with the university’s normal criteria based on financial aid
· Hold and maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above
· Not be an employee of the university, except for student employees receiving a work assignment as of need-based financial aid.
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must submit to the UNM-G JSF Scholarship Selection Committee a completed application form; a one-two page biographical statement (including career goals/future plans); and a current unofficial UNM transcript.
For more information, contact Al Henderson at 505.863.7634, or UNM-Gallup Financial Aid at 505.863.7663.