As a reminder, UNM-Gallup will follow the decisions of the Gallup-McKinley County School District regarding weather-related delays and/or closures. Updates can be obtained through the following methods:
- Lobo Alerts – UNM text and email system. All students and employees are automatically registered for Lobo Alert updates. If you do not want to receive these messages you must opt out of the system;
- Radio Stations – KTNN, KGAK, Millennium Media, I-Heart Radio, KGLP, KTDB, and KSHI stations will all be provided with announcements;
- TV stations – KASA, KRQE, KOAT, and KOB-TV will run messages;
- Campus switchboard – the campus switchboard (505) 863-7500 will have an updated message;
- Social media – Facebook and Twitter will post delay and closure updates.
Per the University Policies and Procedures Manual, Section 3435: Inclement Weather:
Delays and Closures
For the purposes of this policy, a "delay" means that:
· employees who do not work in critical areas will not be expected to report to work until the time specified in the delay announcement;
· classes and labs normally scheduled to begin and end before the time specified in the delay announcement will not be held;
· classes and labs normally scheduled to be in progress at the time specified in the delay announcement will begin at the delayed start time and end at their normally scheduled time; and
· classes and labs normally scheduled to begin at or after the time specified in the delay announcement will meet as usual.
A closure means that the University will not be opened for the day or will be closed before the end of the regular work day.